UIDAI has deactivated more than 8 million Aadhaar cards until now. Although, UIDAI provides the reason for deactivation under sections 27 and 28. However, the reason for deactivation for individual cards has not yet been maintained. Now, since it has become mandatory for every Aadhaar cardholder to link their cards with PAN in order to process the income tax, so you should not leave your status of Aadhaar card unattended. The process of deactivation was initiated for all the Aadhaar cards that didn’t meet the guidelines provided by ALCM.
Why is deactivated?
- The Aadhaar card can be applied for a minimum age of 5 years but biometric verification is a mandatory prerequisite. In case, if you fail to provide biometric verification then you Aadhaar card will be deactivated. Same is the case a child that turns 15 years old and such cardholders must go through biometric verification.
- A widow woman should update her biometrics within 2 years otherwise she may face deactivation of her Aadhaar card.
- If your EAadhaar card does not comply with ALCM guidelines, it will then be deactivated.
Check Status of Aadhaar
- Open the official UIDAI site and then click on ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’.
- You will be redirected to the page at Aadhaar Verification that will ask for your Aadhaar number based on 12 digits and the security code displayed on a screen
- Now click on ‘Verify’
- The next page will show you the recent status of your Aadhaar card. If it shows that aadhaar Number xxxxxxxxxxx exists then it means that your card is active. The status will also retrieve some other information like gender, age, district, etc. In case if the status comes like ‘Aadhaar number does not exist’ then it means that your Aadhaar card has been deactivated. You have to update the missing parts as soon as possible otherwise your Aadhaar card will be canceled.
Are you one of those 8 million users that lost their Adhaar card active status? If so, then here we point out the steps to reactivate your Aadhaar card.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment center around you and ask them for Aadhaar update form.
- Verify your biometric information again
- Provide all the supporting documents that may include valid govt ID like PAN card, driving license, ration card, etc, a birth certificate on a letterhead signed and attested by any gazetted officer and the proof of residences like voter id, passbook or passport.
You will be charged Rs.25 against the verification for another time.
Do notice that Aadhaar card reactivation cannot be done online as it needs biometric verification. Govt had identified several fake PAN card during the linking process with Aadhaar card, therefore be sure not to provide any altered or fake information.
You can read more about Eaadhaar at Aadhaar Website