UIDAI also was known as the Unique Identification Authority of India is the Indian Government Body which issues Aadhar Card for Indian citizens.
Aadhar card also known as Eaadhar is 12 digit unique identification number which will generate RANDOMLY from UIDAI authority. Aadhar contains all the biometric data of aadhar holder like Name, Address, Date of birth, Fingerprints, Iris-Scan, Mobile number and at the end 12 digits unique ID number. In this post, we are going to discuss some of the unknown facts regarding aadhar card and UIDAI
UIDAI Unknown Facts
- According to World Bank Chief Paul Romer, Aadhar ID is World’s largest Biometric ID system.
- Aadhar project is one of the most Sophisticated systems operated by unique identification authority of India.
- 12 Digit Aadhar numbers are Unique and Randomly generated by UIDAI system. No two person got the same aadhar Number in India.
- Aadhar Project was launched by the Government of India on 28 January 2009 under aadhar act.
- Indian Government has spent almost Rs.9950 Crore ($1.4 Billion Dollars) to complete the aadhar project.
- Earlier in 2013 Supreme court has made a statement that “no person should suffer for not getting Aadhaar.”
- Aadhar is required to avail almost all the government scheme and Yojanas like Rajiv Gandhi Yojana, LPG subsidy scheme.
- Dr. Ajay Bhusan Pande is the CEO and J. Satyanarayana is the Chairperson of UIDAI.
- The UIDAI data center is located at the Industrial Model Township (IMT), Manesar.
- The data of aadhar holders are stored in more than 8000 Servers located in Bengaluru and Manesar.
- Basically, the ID card idea was generated from Kargil war in security analyst K. Subrahmanyam. He suggested the government that people living in the border of India and Pakistan need an Identity proof and by aadhar card, the requirement gets fulfilled.
- On 26 November 2012 Prime Minister Manmohan Singh launched an Aadhaar-linked direct benefit transfer scheme.
- Aadhar Project is very beneficial for public subsidy and unemployment benefit schemes such as the domestic LPG scheme and MGNREGA.
- In June-2014 UIDAI has introduced Aadhaar-enabled biometric attendance systems in government buildings
- In 2014 UIDAI has observed that people of Andhra and Telenga are using Fake aadhar card to lin with ration card to get free food and grocery.
- CBI has many times observed that aadhar data of many aadhar holders have leaked because of poor security standards of UIDAI security system. After these incidences, it is proven that The Aadhaar card itself is not a secure ID Proof and according to the agency aadhar should not be treated as an identity card.
- UIDAI has also started an Aadhar Service called Download Aadhar Online which is also called Eaadhar. Eaadhar held same important as Original aadhar card and valid everywhere. You don’t have to wait for 90 days to get original aadhar card by post.
- According to the UIDAI latest data, they have issued more than 120 crore aadhar numbers to the citizen of India.
- UIDAI has also had their helpline numbers which are working 24×7.
- You can find the related information and aadhar related online services like Check aadhar status, download eaadhar and aadhar update process at uidai.gov.in
So, these are some of the exciting unknown facts about UIDAI government statutory body which some of you might not know. Let me know if you got any news regarding aadhar card in the comment section.