Aadhar Card Correction can be done Online, Offline & Through Post. Aadhaar Card is issued to every citizen of India to identify as well as verify him as an Indian citizen. Aadhaar is a number to identify uniquely. This card comprises of 12-digit which gives a unique identity to residents of India. Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues Aadhaar card to every Indian citizen. However, it is not a replacement or substitute for other means of identification such as driving license, passport, etc. in fact; it is an exclusive identification document.
It consists of the following sections:
- Date of birth
- Distinguishing Mark
- Eye color
The cardholder provides his/her signature also after providing the above-asked information. Furthermore, it also includes the picture of the holder for ease of identification. Also, this card also has an expiry date.
Aadhaar card is mostly used at the time of LPG distribution, when going to buy kerosene oil or at ration shops. Furthermore, individuals of any age group (i.e., children, adults, elderly) apply to get this card for the establishment of their exclusive identity.
More importantly, a single Aadhaar card is not meant for the whole family. In fact, every single member of a family needs to have his/her Aadhaar card. Besides, it costs nothing to get your Aadhaar number. One can use his/her Aadhaar number when there is a requirement of establishing his identity, e.g., at the time of opening a bank account.
Enrolling to Aadhar Card
The citizens of India can enroll in Aadhaar enrolment center, to get their Aadhaar card. After enrollment, an individual gets his own Adhar card with a unique identification number. An Aadhaar number remains valid until the lifetime of an individual, thus, require no renewal.
However, the Aadhaar card becomes inactivated in case you make no use of it for any transaction for three consecutive years. To activate your Aadhaar card, you need to update it. Adding to it, you need to make timely corrections in your Aadhaar card for saving yourself from any hassle.
These corrections can be changing your surname after getting married, spelling related errors. The details you provided to Aadhaar card must be the same as of those with PAN. You can face problems in case of any mismatch in any piece of information regarding both the cards.
Luckily, you can make corrections or update your Aadhaar card with a UIDAI registered mobile number. You need a registered mobile number for receiving a login and a password.
Further, having an Aadhaar card with a registered mobile number eases your financial life to a greater extent. This is so because it benefits you in so many ways. For instance, using your Aadhaar number when verifying online/re-verifying your income tax return (ITR) makes the process much simpler.
Adding to it, you can link your Aadhaar with your Universal Account Number (UAN) for settling your Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) claim. Through this linking, the settlement process will only take five days for completion. It also makes the KYC process very hassle-free.
You require to share your details accompanied by your Aadhaar number and PAN with asset management organizations. After sharing your details, you will receive an OTP to your Aadhaar registered mobile number. It will enable you to complete your online investment process by just entering the received OTP. It even does not ask for an IPV.
Furthermore, having an Aadhaar card with UIDAI registered mobile number also gives you the advantage of e-Aadhaar as well as creating a virtual Aadhaar ID. On the other hand, you can still make corrections or update your Aadhaar card if your mobile number is not registered.
Concerning the UIDAI website, you can go for any of the following three ways to make corrections or update your Aadhaar card details:
- Online Updating of your details
- Requesting for update through the post
- Going to a nearby enrolment center
Offline Aadhaar Card Correction
It is advisable to make your Aadhaar card corrections offline in case of unregistered mobile number. You need to obey the following steps in this case:
- Claim the Aadhaar card correction form by visiting your nearest Aadhaar center.
- Fill this form and attach a copy of your Aadhaar card with it before submitting it. In addition to the copy of your Aadhaar card, you also need to attach some other proof of identity, g., PAN.
- Verify your biometric details by doing a signature, giving thumb impression, etc. as per the requirement there.
- After doing so, you will get an acknowledgment slip
- Your mobile number will be added within 2 to 5 business days.
Without a Registered Mobile Number
In case you want to make online Aadhar Card Correction without a registered mobile number, follow these steps:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- Move the cursor towards the ‘Enrolment & Update’ category.
- After moving the cursor towards this, you will be able to see its sub-categories.
- From the sub-category ‘Aadhaar Enrolment’ that appeared on the left side, click on the ‘Aadhaar Data Update’ option.
- A new webpage will be open to you after clicking on ‘Aadhar Data Update.’
- On that webpage, you will see a vertical bar with multiple options on the right side of the webpage.
- Click on the second option ’Aadhar Update Request (By Post).’
- An Aadhaar Address Update/Correction Form will to you after clicking on that option.
- Download it and fill in the form. It will ask you about your Guardian, House address, Village, District, State, Post Office, Pin Code, Mobile Number.
- Attach the copy of all the required documents with this form.
- Send your Update Request to UIDAI, Post Box. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India.
It will take about 15 working days to complete the Aadhaar card updating or correction’s process. This is how you can update your Aadhaar card or make corrections online if you don’t have a registered mobile number.
If you still feel any difficulty for Aadhar Card Correction Process then please write back to me in the comment section or you can contact me directly by filling the contact form.