There is a probability of misprinting or wrong information printing on your Aadhaar card due to the high volume of Aadhaar applications. You need to update the Aadhaar card with accurate information and this is called Aadhaar correction process.
You may alter the given details in your Aadhaar Card:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
Aadhaar Corrections – Name, Date of Birth, Address Etc.
Follow the given simple steps, you can request updating your Aadhaar card either online or offline.
- Open the self-service update portal which is also known as SSUP.
- Now login with your Aadhaar number at your SSUP portal.
- Then select the Data Update Request option and choose what details you need to update like name, address, gender, mobile number or date of birth.
- After that, provide the corrected details on Data Update Request page.
- After updating the correct information, you need to upload your identity document for verification. That document could be your passport, driving license, PA Card or election card.
- Now select your nearest BPO service provider in order to collect your updated Aadhaar card.
Now, we see how to update the Aadhaar card offline.
Aadhar Correction Offline
Your Aadhaar card must be linked with your mobile number in order to update information via post. The process is given below:
- Download the Aadhar Correction Form Online.
- Fill up the application form.
- Do mention what corrections are required.
For Example :
- For the change in Date of Birth – Go for “DOB Correction”.
- Wanted to change in Name – Go for “Name Correction”
- For any Change in Address – Go for ” Address Change “.
Now fill up the application form and attach the required documents. Write “Aadhaar Card Correction” on top of your envelop and send it to UIDAI Headquarter, Delhi.
For any further query or information, do comment below and we will try to reach you out as soon as possible.
You can read more about Eaadhaar at Get Aadhaar