Aadhar Card Mobile Number Update
Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Registration complete guide. Aadhar Card is used to identifying every single citizen of India uniquely. Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) provides every Indian native with a unique Aadhaar number of 12-digits. The main purpose of the Aadhaar card is to identify and verify every resident of India in an exclusive manner. Notably, Aadhaar card is of equal importance as of PAN for every single Indian citizen. An Aadhar card mobile number update contains the following information of an individual:
- Date of Birth:
- Distinguishing Mark:
- Eye color:
Moreover, it also has a signature as well as a passport size image of that individual holding it.
Aadhaar is for every Indian:
Individuals of every age group are eligible to avail an Aadhaar card even the newborns also. Furthermore, foreigners and non-resident Indians (NRIs) can also get Aadhar card if they have been staying there for one year.
Aadhaar Validity: An Aadhaar number is valid for lifetime. However, you might have to update or reactivate your Aadhar card with the time. Updating your Aadhaar card is needed in case of a change in any information that you provided. Also, you need to reactivate your Aadhar card. In case, you have not made use of it for any transaction for three continuous years. You can update or reactivate your Aadhar card by visiting your nearest Aadhar center or through the website of UIDAI.
Aadhaar Card Enrollment:
In order to get an Aadhaar card, every Indian person resident requires to enroll at Aadhaar enrolment center. After enrollment, UIDAI provides you with a login and password. This provision takes place via your UIDAI registered mobile number. Having an Aadhar card with a registered mobile number provides you with many other advantages also.
- It simplifies the eKYC process very much.
- You can e-verify your income tax return (ITR) in a hassle-free manner.
- It enables you to acquire e-Aadhaar and to make a virtual Aadhaar ID also.
- If your Aadhaar is linked with your Universal Account Number (UAN), it will favor you to settle your claim regarding Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF).
Importance of Aadhar Card Mobile Number Registration:
It is necessary to perform Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Registration when you apply for an Aadhaar card. Since Aadhaar card has become the most preferred poof of identification in India, having it is a must nowadays.
Moreover, linking Aadhaar card with some other financial documents is becoming crucial also. This is so because government starts benefiting you when you link Aadhaar with some important documents. Such as it transfers some scheme related subsidies e.g., Pahal, DBT in the beneficiary’s bank account straight away. Subsequently, it sends a text message for confirmation to the registered mobile number. If you do not have an Aadhaar registered mobile number, you will be unable to acquire such advantages.
How to do Adhaar Card Mobile Number Registration?
You can do Aadhar Card Mobile Number Registration both online and offline.
Offline Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Registration:
Follow these steps to performing Aadhaar card Mobile Number Registration for the very first time:
Going to the Aadhar Center:
Firstly, go to the Aadhaar Centre nearest to your residential area to do an Aadhar Card Mobile Number Registration.
Filling the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form:
Next, get the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form from there. Fill in the details regarding your active mobile number. Keep in mind to use only capital letters while filling in the form. You can use English and/or your local language when you are filling the form at the Aadhaar Centre. Following are the contents of this form:
- Pre-enrolment ID
- NPR number
- Complete Address with the inclusion of mobile number and e-mail ID
- Aadhaar details of Father/Mother/Guardian/Spouse. In case the applicant is below five years of age, it is mandatory to provide the details of Father/Mother/Guardian.
- Details regarding document proofs (i.e., proof of DOB, identity as well as address)
- Introducer’s/HoF’s details (if needed)
- Candidate’s signature/thumbprint
You need to fill all the above-mentioned fields for your Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Registration. Moreover, do not make use of salutations while writing your name in the form, e.g., Mr./Mrs./Ms. Adding to it, provide the most relevant and current information as well as authentic and attested documents. You might have to face cancellation of your request if you provide any incorrect information or inauthentic supporting documents.
- Attaching Identification Proof:
Subsequently, attach some valid proof of identity such as PAN Card, Electricity Bill, Voter’s ID Card together with the filled correction form.
- Biometrics verification
Finally, the staff of Aadhaar Centre also carry out your Biometrics verification. So, perform the biometrics such as retina scanning, thumb impression, etc. There should not be any miss match in the biometrics, or else you will not receive a confirmation slip.
Check online status:
The process of Adhaar Card Mobile Number Registration will take about 10 days to complete. Keep on checking online status under the Aadhaar enrolment tab from the website of UIDAI.
Cost of Aadhar Card Mobile Number Registration:
You will have to pay ₹25/ when going to perform Adhaar Card Mobile Number Registration. The fee is same whether you want to do Aadhar Card Mobile Number Registration or its updating.
Online Aadhaar Card Mobile Number Registration:
You can also perform Aadhar Card Mobile Number Registration online. All you need is to observe the below-mentioned steps:
- UIDAI website: Visit the UIDAI website.
- Download the form: Download the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form from there.
- Provide the details: Fill in all the required details such as name, gender, phone number and so.
- Attach required documents: Attach the copy of all the required identification proofs such as PAN, Driving License, etc.
- Post it: Send this form to the postal address UIDAI, Post Box. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India.
- Check online status: The process of Aadhar Card Mobile Number Registration will take about 10 days to complete. Keep on checking online status under the Aadhaar enrolment tab from the website of UIDAI.
In this way, you can do online Aadhaar card mobile number registration. If you still feel a nag, please comment & write back to me.